If you intend collecting plants in South Africa you must be in possession of a valid permit, applied for in good time (at least four months ahead of your trip). Each province has its own conservancy agency through which one needs to apply for the relevant permit.
Information about permit requirements and relevant contact details can be found on the South African National Biodiversity Institute website.
- South African National Biodiversity Institute
- South African Biodiversity Information Facility
- South African Botanical Society
- Index Herbariorum
- Internet Directory for Botany
- Internet Directory for Botany: listservers and newsgroups
- Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew
- Missouri Botanic Garden
- Swiss Orchid Foundation at the Herbarium Jany Renz